- Next / Recently
– My book Dancing Age(ing): Rethinking Age(ing) in and through Improvisation Practice and Performance published by transcript comes out in February 2017, see also transcript-verlag.de/978-3-8376-3714-4/Dancing-Ageing
– The next edition of 7 minutes of fame will be 6 April and 18 May 2017, for info please check the facebook group ‚7 minutes of fame‘ or facebook page ‚Stammtisch‘
– December 2016: research presentations in Stockholm, Göteborg, Växjö, in Sweden
– 22 July 2016, Doctor D. meets Doctor V. – Please improvise for me
An interdisciplinary dialogue between two artistic research projects, one based in dance, the other in voice/live electronics. Susanne Martin and Alex Nowitz at Improvisationxchange Festival 2016, Dock 11, Berlin. see site: berlinartsunited.com
– June 2016 PhD is completed
Susanne is an artist and researcher and teacher in the field of contemporary dance. She creates performances internationally as soloist and in collaboration with Bronja Novak (Göteborg), Gabriele Reuter (Berlin), Theater M21 (Göttingen) and others. Her work focuses on the relation between improvisation and choreography, narrations of the ageing body, and contact improvisation in performance. Recently she completed her PhD at Middlesex University London, UK. In her thesis Dancing Age(ing): Rethinking Age(ing) In and Through Improvisation Practice and Performance she discusses the role of improvisation-based dance in developing a critical position towards conceptions of age and aging, and the imperative of youthfulness in dance.